55 GALLON WATER BARREL
BENEFITS & DESCRIPTION
In an emergency, having a sufficient supply of clean water is essential. The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) stresses the importance of storing at least one gallon of water per person per day in your emergency supply for washing, cooking and cleaning.
The 55-Gallon Water Storage Barrel provides an inexpensive means to safely store emergency water for 5-years when treated with Water Preserver Concentrate drops (sold separately)
The coloring of this barrel is specifically designed to block UV rays in order to prevent the growth of algae and bacteria. This allows for both indoor and outdoor storage of your water supply.
Use your supply of clean water for cooking, cleaning, washing, and drinking.
In addition to the Water Preserver Concentrate, extra tools and options are sold separately to help you safely store and easily access your water supply including the Bung Wrench, Siphon Pump and Tamper Evident Cap.
Why do you need to store emergency water?
Following a disaster, there may not be any safe drinking water available. When the electricity goes out, water treatment plants may stop working causing tap water to become unsafe for consumption. Emergency responders may not be able to deliver water to your area safely and it may not be safe or possible to boil water due to broken gas lines. Ensure you and your family are self-sufficient by storing purified drinking water in the 55 gallon barrel.
FEATURES & SPECIFICATIONS
Weight: 30 lbs. (weight when full is approximately 480 lbs.)
Dimensions: (1) 55 Gallon Water Barrel: 22 x 22 x 36" - Pallet (8): 48 x 40 x 48"
Shelf-life: 5 years (when treated with Water Preserver Concentrate)
Supply Duration: Provides 2 gallons of emergency water for 5 people for 5.5 days
Disaster Usage: earthquakes, hurricanes, tornados, tsunamis, winter storms, terrorist attacks, floods
Features & Functions:
- Safely stores 55 gallons of emergency water for 5 years when used with Water Preserver Concentrate (sold separately)
- UN 1H1/Y1.8/100 certified for use with Water Preserver Concentrate
- Molded top ring to facilitate handling using hoist, parrot grabber, side grabber, hand truck and fork-lift One 2" BTS closure and one 2" inch NPT closure with 3/4" NPT insert
- Accommodates both vented and non-vented plugs and/or dispensing equipment
- Barrel comes in blue color to restrict light, which helps to control the growth of bacteria and algae
- Material: High molecular weight polyethelene 2.2 mm minimum wall thickness; FDA approved resin
Shipping: This product requires higher freight quotes due to its size and packaging. $56.90 Shipping by UPS Ground Customers shipping to CA, call (660) 383-1081 for a freight quote.